Chamber of Commerce Award (Woo Hoo!) at ECAA Show

Teasels in Fall
Watercolor, 24x30"

The El Cerrito Art Association's Annual Show went off without a hitch last weekend, with a record number of entries and healthy sales. The above watercolor was recognized by the El Cerrito Chamber of Commerce with a very nice award. I'm so happy, because this one was a struggle and almost went into the recycling bin. But as other artists have noted, the process of creating your work is similar to raising kids, in that there's a really ugly phase they put you through before you can see the fruits of your labors. So glad I stuck with it!

Then, another surprise - a Second Place in the Acrylics division for one of my plein aire paintings! This one:

Kellers Beach
Acrylic, 11x14"


Too much good stuff! And it only got better - this one sold. Sorry to see it go, but there's more where that came from! The past two weekends have found me out painting in the Napa Valley wine country and I'll be there again this Saturday. The fall colors in the vinyards are gorgeous with the leaves turning and grapes ripe on the vines. See you there!

Comments

  1. Congrats on the awards, both very well deserved. The colors in the Teasel painting are beyond stunning...I'm SO glad you didn't scrap this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Well deserved! I can tell that you put a lot of work into this painting. It's great; the colors are amazing; I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wOW! i LIKE YOUR "TEASELS" Good colors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note, it's nice to know you're out there!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy End to 2009!