Happy End to 2009!

Aaaaaaaaaaaah . . . . That's just me heaving a great big sigh of relief. Even though I know that that year-end blitz of too-much-to-do, too-little-time is coming, and try to downsize and minimize the stress factors, I still get caught up in it. Cards never got sent, packages didn't get mailed til after Christmas (it's in the mail, no really, you know how the Post Office is), and now I want to finish decorating, while everyone around me has all their assorted holiday crappage thrown out/packed away/put out on the curb. I guess I just move to a different (slower) beat.


On a lighter note, after two months of eating like a sumo wrestler caught in a burning marijuana-field downdraft, I've lost three pounds since Sunday, after starting to eat more sensibly. No ice cream, no cookies. No white flour stuff, pasta, pizza. Just wanna lose another seven pounds. Time to get in shape for the annual migration to Brazil. Gotta dust off the old bikini. Figuratively speaking, of course.


Art wise, I've followed through on the landscape paintings I started a few months ago painting on location in California's wine country. Sadly, not doing any plein air work since then, you know how I hate these cold, dark, damp days.


Off Bennett Lane
Acrylic, 11x14


The above painting was the last to be completed, and it is currently hanging in the Oakland Art Association's show at the Rockridge Library in Oakland. I was extremely pleased to be awarded an Honorable Mention for it, the competition was tough. I feel it took a few trips and a few other paintings to arrive here, and I'm so looking forward to painting in the vineyards again in 2010. I want to wish a belated (of course) Happy New Year to everyone - family, friends, and fans! Here's to a better year to come!

Comments

  1. Happy New Year Christine! Love the painting - we're in the midst of -30 below zero wind chills here and it feels like Spring is a long way away, so I will live vicariously through this piece. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine? Are you the Christine I used to dance with in San Francisco Carnaval? This is Gail Amara (Harris). I am living in Portland OR now and married for many years to Thomas. A woman from my Unitarian church wants to come to Brazil next year and would like to know more about where she's going so she does not get caught in the tourist traps. She's a middle-aged beautiful black lady who's spent time in Cuba.

    And I didn't even know you paint!!!

    Gail Amara
    amara@hevanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wine country painting. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful painting!! Congrats on winning an Honorable Mention. I would love to see Oakland Art Association's show one day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note, it's nice to know you're out there!

Popular posts from this blog

Chamber of Commerce Award (Woo Hoo!) at ECAA Show