And We Have a Winner

At China Camp
Acrylic, 11x14"
So I've been doing a bit of plein air painting over the summer, both in watercolor and acrylics. When I returned to China Camp on the San Francisco Bay, it was only with the intention to continue learning how to handle acrylics, but after many hours of struggle, the painting above began to take shape. So much so that I decided to frame the resulting small exercise, and then submitted it into a show.

Imagine my shock when I learned it had won first place in the acrylics division at the Napa Town & Country Fair! It looks like there's no turning back now. Onward!

Comments

  1. Congratulations Christine - that would be a very unexpected and oh-so-pleasant surprise! I love this painting, and it looks like you're handling acrylic like a pro :-)
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Christine. Nice painting and it's always nice to be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enhorabuena! or congratulations!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note, it's nice to know you're out there!

Popular posts from this blog

Chamber of Commerce Award (Woo Hoo!) at ECAA Show

Happy End to 2009!