Painting en Plein Air in Washington


Sunrise Beach Park, Gig Harbor, WA
8"x8", Acrylics

When I went to Washington a few weeks ago, I looked for artists who also liked plein air painting, and after a few googles, discovered there was a group located very close to where I was staying on Fox Island: the Peninsula Art League. Anne Knapp let me know that members would probably be at Sunrise Beach Park, located a little to the northeast of Gig Harbor.

Although the weather was unusually hot, I found a cool place to sit under a tree that gave me a great view across to Vashon Island. I really enjoyed my first visit to Washington and look forward to next time.

Comments

  1. Beautiful - I took my first trip to Washington this year too, and your water and trees are spot on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note, it's nice to know you're out there!

Popular posts from this blog

Chamber of Commerce Award (Woo Hoo!) at ECAA Show

Happy End to 2009!