Watercolor & Ink Sketch of My House in Brazil


The house on the left behind the wall is where I've been for the last two months. A lot of work is going on behind that wall: plumbing repairs, patching and plastering walls, cleaning up a huge lot that was badly overrun with weeds, replacing broken and worn out ceiling fans and showers, getting the microwave and TVs repaired, adding a laundry sink in back, and an outside shower in front . . . . The list is endless. It's a great old beach house, but it's suffered from years of neglect. And anyone who's lived close to the sea knows how salt air damages just about everything. So that's my excuse anyway for not painting more often and/or posting. Not that I'm doing it all myself, but still, it's a huge time-suck.

Oooh! And doing it all in tropical heat with no car! OMG! The horror! Would I rather be back in the winter of my American discontent? Not freakin' likely!!!

Comments

  1. What a project! I've always thought it would be so cool to have an outdoor shower (if I lived where it was warm enough, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not much more than a shower head sticking out of the wall, less a chic luxury than a basic necessity when you're surrounded by sand!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note, it's nice to know you're out there!

Popular posts from this blog

Chamber of Commerce Award (Woo Hoo!) at ECAA Show

Happy End to 2009!