Forte Sao Marcelo, Salvador

Yesterday I went to visit a very old fort that was built to protect the city of Salvador, Bahia in Brazil. I didn't have my camera and there wasn't an opportunity to sketch. Today I found this old photo of the fort online. Other photos of old Bahia are at this link.

There isn't a date but I'm guessing it was taken in the '40s or '50s, judging from the clothes. The fort itself is that oval-shaped structure in the upper righthand corner. It has only been the last couple of years that it has been open for tours, following a major recuperation. The different levels and curves and angles make it a very interesting place to sketch, even if historical landmarks aren't your thing. I hope to get back with more time and my sketchbook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chamber of Commerce Award (Woo Hoo!) at ECAA Show

Happy End to 2009!