On Telegraph Ave.

Today was a really nice day considering it's January. Yes, I know we need the rain. But I still prefer sun. I gave my daughter a ride to her dentist appointment in Berkeley and had a cup of coffee while I waited for her. The bakery/coffee shop on Telegraph Avenue is no place I'd recommend - stale pastries, bad coffee, and the only charm in the place was in the plastic flowers on the table. Name? Who knows, I'll neither go back nor refer anyone to it. I should have walked a bit further to Cafe Med, my old hangout. It is somehow comforting to see that some things have not changed on the Ave.

But I wanted to try out my new Pilot pen, with the extra fine point. Well. Very disappointed. Even though I specifically asked when I bought it if the ink was waterproof, it was very much not so - the watercolor blurred the ink, giving the sunny day a dark and overcast look. And I still need to adjust to the rough paper. Guess I need to paint first, then draw. Anyway, the shops across the street in The Village do look a little more inviting in real life.

Comments

  1. I use those Pilot pens. They are not waterproof but if you are careful you can get some great effects. I really like the way the ink comes out of the pens.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note, it's nice to know you're out there!

Popular posts from this blog

Chamber of Commerce Award (Woo Hoo!) at ECAA Show

Happy End to 2009!