First Attempt at an ACEO


This was an experiment to see how my watercolors would translate to an ACEO format. Yes, the image is skewed. This was taken with my Panasonic camera and the watercolor paper wasn't as flat as I thought. I am working on getting a freebie scanner up and running. I know my blog images are really not what they could be and should be. But I digress.

The actual size of this painting is only 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches. Why this small you may ask? Because this is the only requirement for art to be called an ACEO. Click here to find out more information about what ACEOs are and how they came to be. What I'm finding out is that painting a small watercolor is every bit as challenging as painting a large one. When I think they are good enough, I'll be selling these in addition to my "normal" paintings. Watch out eBay here I come!

Comments

  1. Very nice!
    I bought an assortment of blank aceo stock to try out, they look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind comment. Can I ask you where you found the ACEO assortment? All I've found so far are by Strathmore at the Dick Blick store, and I really don't like their paper. I suppose I could just cut my own out of Arches, it would cost less; and it's another way to procrastinate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note, it's nice to know you're out there!

Popular posts from this blog

Chamber of Commerce Award (Woo Hoo!) at ECAA Show

Happy End to 2009!