Christmas in Grass Valley

This year the holidays were spent at my sister's home in Grass Valley, California in the Sierra foothills. Soft, fluffy snowflakes started falling right on cue. My sister got the best present ever - her son got a 24-hour home pass from the Judge. He has been a guest of the County since running afoul of The Law a year or so back. But that's a whole nother story.

The watercolor sketch was done in a 5x7 Artist's Book by Savoir Faire. Cotton rag paper, made in India. It's very difficult for me, since the pages are thin and very rough. Not good for detail at all. All my nephew's friends came to visit him. This sketch is some of them, huddled outside. I guess 45 degrees is considered warm when you're from around here. But I'll stay inside, thank you very much.

Comments

  1. What a nice x'mas holiday you had. Maybe next time you could spend x'mas holiday in Bangkok or Singapore. I had a very nice holiday there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note, it's nice to know you're out there!

Popular posts from this blog

Chamber of Commerce Award (Woo Hoo!) at ECAA Show

Happy End to 2009!