Sketching at ButterCream Bakery, Albany


I met with my daughter Koko and friend Isabel after their classes for coffee at the Buttercream Bakery in Albany yesterday afternoon. Neither had been here before and had a hard time finding it. I had a hard time too the first time, because you can drive right past and not see it. The sign is on the front window, but if you're following your nose driving down San Pablo Ave., you possibly won't see it.

I brought my sketch book, thinking maybe I could do a saltshaker or spoon, just a doodle while we visited. But the ear of Indian corn I thought I would paint, morphed into the vase of fall flowers behind it. Koko and Isabel left and I painted on; then a couple of other watercolor artists came in, part of an ongoing lesson from one of the cafe's owners! Who knew? Well, they invited me to stay, so I did of course, and tried my hand at a setup of persimmons. I love this little cafe, and would gladly link to their site, but it is still being developed. Fresh baked goodies, breakfast, lunch and high tea, and now, a place to sit and paint!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chamber of Commerce Award (Woo Hoo!) at ECAA Show

Happy End to 2009!