Moonshine Campground


This little watercolor sketch was done at Moonshine Campground, where we went camping in August of this year. It's a privately owned camp on the Middle Fork of the Yuba River just out of Camptonville, CA. Me, my sister Michele, my daughter Koko, and my granddaughters Jasmine and Lily, were visited there by my other daughter Lisa, my granddaughter Kandi, and my greatgrands, Julian and new baby Nedjha. Rounding out the group was my girls' old friend Brett and her boy Max. We had a great time, the river was lazy and calm and warm due to lack of rainfall this year. So it was perfect for swimming and floating around. We all enjoyed it so much, we decided to return next year, only to find out that after many, many years in operation, the camp is shutting down. Family business complications. We are all so disappointed. After trekking from place to place on our annual-ish camping trips, we had finally found a place we all liked and that was pretty much centrally located for everyone. Heavy sighs all the way around.

Comments

  1. Mmmmm...looks and sounds lovely. Too bad the camp's closing down, but, fortunately, it's a big world and there are still lots of beautiful places in it...ya just gotta poke around n' find 'em.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors...gorgeous!!!

    Thanks for following my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note, it's nice to know you're out there!

Popular posts from this blog

Chamber of Commerce Award (Woo Hoo!) at ECAA Show

Happy End to 2009!