Back in the USA



What a week. I arrived at SFO from Cabo late Monday evening and have been playing catchup ever since. I had forgotten how all the trivia of daily living here can be such a giant time suck, at least as far as doing anything creative goes. Having had all the previous week with no errands to run, phone calls to make/return, demands of family and others, combined with a warm and sunny place did wonders for me. And made me remember that I need to be back in Brazil. So by this past Friday afternoon I was way over-ready to go to Dee's place to paint, visit and eat. I think the old salons must have been something like her house, a welcoming place where artists of various persuasions can come and relax, share what they've been doing and what they know. You never know where the conversation will go but it will always be interesting.

I took out my sketch book and finished what had started as a plein air watercolor sketch of one of my favorite places to eat in Cabo, Mama's Royal Cafe. That's right, Mama's Royal, serving great breakfasts with a definite Mexican twist. Don't go to Cabo without planning to brunch there at least once. You can sit outside on the patio if you like. The coffee's great, the food and service consistently good, and the prices are reasonable. You won't be disappointed.

Comments

  1. I love this painting! It sure looks like a lot more fun than the Mama's Royal Cafe in my neighborhood! I grew up as a waterbaby myself in San Diego and Santa Monica, and have never really accepted northern California beaches as beaches. A beach is where you can spend the day in the water and it's hot! I love Mexico too, but have never been to Cabo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note, it's nice to know you're out there!

Popular posts from this blog

Chamber of Commerce Award (Woo Hoo!) at ECAA Show

Happy End to 2009!