San Pablo Yacht Harbor Watercolor Sketch

Last week my plein-air group went to this funky old yacht harbor, located to the northeast of San Francisco Bay. Although the skies were overcast and the breeze was nippy, it was a good day. I liked this old barge stuck in the mud, so I thought I'd give it a try. Here's what the Center for Land Use Interpretation has to say about San Pablo Yacht Harbor:

"A remote, scrappy residential marina on Point San Pablo. Off the coast of the yacht harbor is the hulk of an old steamer, sunk for the filming of the John Wayne film Blood Alley in 1955 (the film also shot at China Camp, across the bay). The breakwater protecting the marina was made by sinking six schooners and a ferry boat."

I'll have to check out that movie!

Comments

  1. I like that place to paint too. Your composition is wonderful. I especially like the great spikey plant in the foreground. Also the transparent shallow water on the shore with just a bit of foam is masterfully done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note, it's nice to know you're out there!

Popular posts from this blog

Chamber of Commerce Award (Woo Hoo!) at ECAA Show

Happy End to 2009!